Saturday, September 7, 2013

Retainers & Would I Do It Again

Hi to all, I have been wearing my retainers at night. That was what they said to do when I went to my last appointment many months ago. Sometimes when I put them on at night they go in just fine. Other nights, it is a tight fit and it makes my mouth sore for a bit until I've had them on for awhile. I'm not sure why this happens. Maybe if I eat something hard during the day it makes my teeth move more than if I don't. I'm going to try to keep track of things I eat during the day or if maybe I am clenching my jaws during the day from stress and see if it goes with how they fit in at night. I am not sure that if I had to do this all over again that I would do it. It seemed to help my TMJ for awhile, but now I have problems with it again. I've had more root canals done since I had my braces then before. I can't say for sure that it is related to my braces. Though, the Endodontist did say it could have been because of the trauma to my teeth from being moved. I do know that if I had to do it again, I would research more and get a second opinion from another Orthodontist. Don't be afraid to do that. I ended up being very unhappy with the one Orthodontist and don't think he treated me fairly especially when it come to the bill after I decided to have them removed. I'm not telling you to not get braces if you're an adult. Just do your research and get a second opinion! Take care and have a great day! Thanks for reading. Please feel free to e mail me if you have questions I haven't answered!

No comments: