Thursday, July 5, 2012

7/5/12 Apple, Chicken and Ribs

I keep thinking about my last appointment and how hopefully I will still get my braces off early. I forgot to tell you that I reiterated to the orthodontist that there was no way I would do a permanent retainer. I also keep thinking about all the things I'll be able to eat once I get my braces off. I can eat apples, but have to cut them into small pieces. I can eat chicken if I cut it off the bones. Ribs, are a bit more difficult as there isn't much to cut off the bone. Add to the list carrots. I can't eat them unless they're cooked, grated or cut into very small pieces. There's also popcorn, caramel... The list goes on. When I was 10 and had braces, I didn't care about all the food I couldn't eat. It sure is different now. I go to the grocery store still and say I can't eat this, I can't eat that... I'm looking forward to being able to eat everything again!

Take care and have a great day!

No comments: