Monday, October 31, 2011

10/31/11 Candied Apples & Beef Jerky

I had my appointment today. So far, so good. I know that my teeth and mouth are going to be sore. I'll take some ibuprofen with dinner. I had a long talk with them. I told them that I wished that I had been able to talk to some adults with braces before I made my decision.  Even though I had braces when I was younger it is so different as an adult. They listened with interest. I told them a big thing for me is the food. When they asked me what food it was, mostly it was nuts. However, on my way home I thought of the time of the year being Halloween and caramel apples. I love them and there's no way for me to eat one. The other thing is my husband always makes beef jerky for our grown kids and grandchildren at Christmas. Not going to be able to eat that either. They are both comfort food for me as is Waldorf Salad and Strawberry Surprise Jello. Sure they both can be made without pecans. However, the pecans are my favorite part of it. Oh well... I'm sure I'll find something I can eat!

No comments: