Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10/16/12 Sore...

Well, today the left upper gum to the side is really sore. I'm not sure if the wire on the retainer is rubbing against it or if it's for another reason. I called the orthodontist office and they can't see me until Friday. I told her if it got much worse, that I was going to take it off. She said that my teeth shouldn't move that much in a short time. If they do, they can adjust the retainer to correct it. Right now I'm frustrated with having any pain associated with the retainer. I thought that would all be gone once I got the braces removed. I don't think I've done anything wrong. I've been very careful with it but wonder if maybe I slept hard on that side last night and it pushed the wire out of place. The other thing is that the wire on the sides is really more over the gum and not the teeth. I don't know how it can keep my teeth in place when it's not touching them. Oh well... I'll let you know what happens! Take care and have a great day! Ellen

No comments: