Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4/10/12 Beef Jerky

I love beef jerky. When you have braces, you can not eat it without softening it either in your mouth or by cutting it into pieces and pouring boiling water over it for a few minutes and then eating it. It defeats the purpose if you have to do that, it's just not the same! However, my dear, wonderful husband did an experiment yesterday. He ground some round steak mixed it with all the spices he normally does and then put it through a special attachment for our stuffer and then smoked it. Wow is it good! I admit I have to keep it in my mouth for 30 seconds to soften it just a bit. But, I can eat it and it is wonderful. Now if I could think of a way to eat apples without having to cut them into teeny pieces, things would be great!

I'm off to have some more jerky! Take care and have a great day!

No comments: