Sunday, April 15, 2012

4/15/12 Braces and Weight Loss

Hello to all,

I hope this finds you all doing well. Last night my husband and I were watching a news show on TV. They were talking about weight loss and that one of the ways to lose weight besides eating less is to eat slowly. I had always thought that the weight I lost after getting my braces was because of the things that I couldn't eat and from my acid reflux. After seeing that it made me realize that with the braces, I eat more slowly. A lot of it is trying to get the food unstuck from my braces. Another part is because I chew more carefully. I don't want to break any part of the braces and have to face my orthodontist. I have gained a few pounds back from the 16 I lost. I'm comfortable where I'm at now and hope I can maintain it. My mom always said the older I get, the harder it will be to lose weight!

I'm off to do the housework and laundry. Take care and have a great day!

No comments: