Monday, January 23, 2012

1/23/12 Soreness & Reflux

The inside of my cheek on the right side is better. I took the wax off earlier today, okay, it came off when I was having snack, and it hasn't been to bad since. The biggest issue I'm having is with the band on the right side feeling like it's pressed into the roof of my mouth. I guess I'll see if I can put up with it for a couple of more days and see what happens.

My reflux is better, but I'm still not convinced that my braces didn't have anything to do with my reflux. I've always had it, but never this bad. I do have a hiatal hernia which contributes to it. However, it got a lot worse within days of getting my braces. I thought at first maybe it was the stress of getting and having them. Then I thought it was because of the changes in my diet. Since both of those are pretty well gone, I'm still wondering. My husband said that maybe my stomach thinks of them as a foreign body or maybe it thinks of them as food and produces acid because of it. I don't know for sure but will check with my GI doctor when I go on Friday.

Time to relax and check facebook. I love how I can keep in touch with people that way. Tomorrow is my knitting class. Take care and have a great day!

No comments: