Sunday, January 29, 2012

1/29/12 Better finally!

I guess I have to learn to be more patient with my braces. This last round of soreness from the inside of my cheeks seemed to go on and on and on. This morning, however, it is much better. A little soreness on the left, but not bad. I keep hearing about how much teeth pain that people have with braces and so far, I haven't had it except for my upper and lower front teeth. I'm sure they'll come a time when the back teeth will get sore later on in my treatment. The teeth pain lasts for a day or two after they adjust things and it goes away. For me it's the chewing up of the inside of my mouth that causes more pain.

I think I'm getting use to the foods I'm not suppose to eat. Notice I say not suppose to and not absolutely not eat. The only thing I won't try is chewing gum. I have TMJ and chewing gum just aggravates it. My husband made home made beef jerky which is one of the things I'm not suppose to eat. I find if I take small pieces of it and suck on it for a few minutes it's soft enough to eat without hurting my braces. Life is good!

Take care and have a great day!

No comments: