Saturday, November 12, 2011

11/12/11 Talking Again!

The inside of my mouth was doing pretty good. However, we went to a retirement seminar and there were friends of ours from my husband's work there. Yup, we talked. I'm not sure why it makes the inside of my mouth so sore when I do.

One of our friends that was there is thinking about getting braces for the same open bite that I have. She's waiting until her daughters are both out of braces before she gets them. Her sister just got them. I told her my views on the subject. Not that if I had to do it all over again that I wouldn't. But for her to be prepared how it changes your eating habits, how moody I am. Because she had them in her teens, we both decided that when you get them when you're young, you are definitely more tolerant of the things you can't do. Or you do them even though you know you'll get in trouble, but don't care. As an adult, we are less tolerant of the things we have to give up and less tolerant of the pain! I still have fears from when I was 10 of being yelled at by my orthodontist and it's been almost 40 years since the last time I saw her!

No comments: