Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/29/11 Braces and Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Today I went for my Endoscopy/Colonoscopy. Because my brother died of colon cancer, I have to have mine repeated every three years instead of every five to ten. With all that I had to worry about getting ready for the tests, my biggest concern was with the endoscopy. They told me that I had to put a thing in my mouth to keep it propped open for the endoscope. I kept telling them I was worried about my braces and that I didn't want to have to take another day off to go to the orthodontist to have my braces fixed. Once they got the device in my mouth, I asked if they would take it out as soon as they were done with that part of the procedure. They told me yes. As far as I can tell, there are no problems from having it done. I'm thinking that it'll be great that the next time I have to have this done, that my braces will be hopefully gone.

Not that any of you really want to know, but they did find one polyp in my colon that the doctor thought was not cancerous. They will biopsy it anyway to be sure. I had a narrowing of my esophagus that they stretched. All in all, I'm just really tired from the anesthesia.

No comments: