Thursday, December 1, 2011

12/01/11 Sandpaper

I keep running my tongue around the inside of my mouth and decided that it feels like sandpaper. The only area that doesn't is in front of my upper front teeth. Also, in the very back of my mouth where there isn't any part of the braces. It feels weird, like there is something wrong. I know it's where my mouth is becoming calloused due to the braces. I just wish it felt normal.

I've been hearing about more adults that have or have had braces. A few of them have told me that they have to wear a permanent retainer after they get their braces off. I am hoping that I don't have to have that. If I do, it means I still have to modify my eating habits and will not be able to bite into apples, buns and probably won't be able to have sticky foods. I don't know if I can make it through life without being able to bite into a big, juicy apple! Though I'm sure I will if it comes to that!

No comments: